445 Central Street
Stoughton, MA 02072
Below is the new look of camp for 2021!
Registration & Payments
- Risk free registration - Secure Your Spot Today!
- With limited enrollment, we are asking anyone that is planning to attend camp to submit their paperwork ASAP.
- Registrations will be prioritized by the date they are received and by how many consecutive weeks campers are enrolled in
- Camp payments are due in full by June 15th. If you need to make changes please reach out to your camp registrar as soon as possible.
Group and Enrollment Requirements
- Enrollment: Camp enrollment will be limited. Due to the need to socially distance, our camp will have a limited capacity this summer. We are currently working with the board of health to determine our license capacity. If you are already registered you will be getting a confirmation email within the next few days.
- Drop Off/Pick Up: To limit camper interaction outside of their regular group we will be staggering pickup drop off. If you have registered for camp, you will be getting instructions on a time frame you will be able to drop off and pick up your camper.
- Group Sizes: To ensure social distancing groups will be limited in sizes and will not be able to interact with other groups.
- Rain Days: Help us maintain social distancing! We ask parents to plan ahead as indoor space is very limited. When inclement weather hits, our campers will be asked to move indoors, apply facemasks, and stay in one specific area of the building. Rain days will not be as robust a camp experience as they were in previous years. We are asking parents to consider keeping their camper home on inclement or rainy days.
- Transportation: Due to social distancing regulations, we will not be able to offer bus transportation or field trips this summer.
- AM/PM Care: To ensure groups are as consistent as possible and limit campers from one group interacting with another group, we will not be offering AM/PM Care. Camp will only be available for the traditional camp day 9am-4pm.
Camper Health Requirements
- Questionnaire: As required by the department of public health, all camp families will be asked each day to fill out a health questionnaire before attending camp.
- Handwashing: Campers and staff will be asked to wash and sanitizer their hands when they enter camp, before they eat, and after each activity. We will continue to remind campers to ensure proper hand washing Constant hand washing
- Mask: Masks will be worn by campers indoors if social distance cannot be obtained
- Health Records: Campers as always will be required to submit health records and immunizations before attending camp
- Texting: Parents will be required to sign up for our text messaging communications. We may test this before camp begins for safety reasons. During this time, fast and consistent communication is key and we thank you for being considerate.
- We will be offering as many camp programs as possible with social distancing guidelines
- Swimming (free swim available but swim lessons TBD)
- Due to DPH regulations, there will be no rope courses; including zip lines
- We will be offering archery, arts and crafts, other traditional camp programs
What we are doing to decrease the risk
- We will be doing more cleaning and disinfecting to ensure everyone’s safety
- Designated cleaning staff for all high touch areas
- All camp areas will be disinfected overnight
- High touch areas like door knobs will be disinfected every hour
- COVID-19 specific camp training for staff: We will be training on camp team on the importance of social distancing and cleaning.
- We are doubling our capacity with an additional camp health care supervisor to ensure all campers can be treated and ensure camper safety.
It’s the #BestSummerEver at Camp Christina!
YMCA Camp provides quality traditional day camping experiences that aim to help children grow in spirit, mind and body. All camp activities are designed to teach the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Swim Lessons Included!
- Ropes Course (High ropes, cargo net, swing, low ropes)
- Recreational Swim
- Arts & Crafts
- Family Nights
- Reading Nook & Science Space
- Camp T-shirt (1 per camper)
Low and High Ropes Challenge Course
Cooperative games, trust activities and ropes elements create group unity and encourage development of problem solving and leadership skills. The low and high ropes elements consist of a series of cables, ropes, and obstacles strung between trees and are designed to challenge campers and camp groups to work together to accomplish a given task.
During each camp session campers utilize both the indoor and outdoor pool and splash park. Campers take part in a YMCA Swim lesson - a condensed version of the Y's year round classes. In addition campers will enjoy free swim time. A team of certified life guards and trained swim instructors closely monitor the swimming areas.
While learning to hit the target with the perfect shot, campers will be improving hand-eye coordination, balance and concentration. Certified staff teach the basic skills and proper safety procedures. Ages 5 & up.
Arts & Crafts
A variety of exciting projects are planned to provide hands-on, creative fun for every age camper. From clay to collage and painting to picture frames, campers enjoy an array of arts and crafts. Camp favorites like tie dye, gimp, and friendship bracelets will be included in the fun.
Campers will experience a variety of sports and games including basketball, soccer, t-ball, wiffleball, kickball, floor hockey, golf, dodgeball, tag and more. Emphasis is put on active participation, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun!
Family Fun Nights and Special Events
Theme days with special snacks and activities, special events days, entertainment and overnights help make every session a new and exciting experience. Family nights will take place on the second Thursday of each two-week session from 6pm - 8pm. Entertainment, movies and music make these a must for all families! Overnights will take place after the family night during session 2 and 4. Campers 8 yrs and older are invited to stay for the overnight.
Kids dive into our classes and exercise their innate gift for building. They come away understanding fundamental principles of engineering and physics. The experience boosts their confidence, creativity and ability to collaborate. Kids can't get enough. Our offerings include Intro to STEM, STEM Challenge, Ninjaneering with LEGO® Materials, and Ninjaneering Masters with LEGO® Materials. For full descriptions click here!
For more information
Camp Registrar, 781-341-2016 | E-mail
Camp Director, Sean Morrissey | 781-341-2016 | E-mail
General Information @ YMCA Welcome Center | 781-341-2016 press 0