Youth Sport Leagues & Teams
Our sport programs offer a fun and unique aspect to youth development. The leagues will offer a mix of fun, instruction, skills and drills that have been proven successful. These co-ed leagues will require parental volunteers in helping run drills and games.
NFL® Flag Football (Ages 5-12.5)
NFL® FLAG is the premier youth flag football league for boys and girls ages 5-12.5. The program provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning life lessons in teamwork.
|Program Dates||5/1 - 6/26|
BASIC NFL FLAG INFO
- Co-ed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
- Ages 5-12.5, see age range/grade scale (5 year olds must be enrolled in Kindergarten)
- This is first and foremost an instructional league, the main focus of practice, drills, and games will be on skill development
- Children will be split into three divisions—Grades K-1 | 2-3 | 4-6
- All games are played on Saturdays with a game length of 60 minutes, played with NFL Flag Football Rules and standards
- All participants, coaches, parents, and guardians will be held to the OCYs code of conduct
Join us to test your skills, meet other players and staff, and to have fun!
- Date TBD
- Practice Attire: T-shirt, shorts or sweats (no jeans) and sneakers
- Practices focus on skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship. They are led by a volunteer coach and/or a YMCA staff member.
- Game Schedule: TBD. The final schedule will be released one week after the combine. The amount of games will be dependent upon enrollment. Games run approximately 60 min.
- Game Attire: Team-shirt, flag belt, shorts/sweats (no jeans) & sneakers
- Game Locations: Games will be played at the following locations: TBD