Youth Sport Leagues & Teams
Our sport programs offer a fun and unique aspect to youth development. The leagues will offer a mix of fun, instruction, skills and drills that have been proven successful. These co-ed leagues will require parental volunteers in helping run drills and games.
Youth JR. NBA Basketball League (Ages 5-12.5)
This co-ed league runs for multiple seasons varying from 8 to 15 weeks. We use Jr. NBA Youth Basketball guidelines for our rules. We focus on developing skills and physical fitness with practical learning in a game setting.
|Season||YBL Summer||YBL I||YBL II ('22)||Summer ('22)|
|Program Dates||7/10/21 - 8/21/21||11/13/21 - 2/19/22||2/26/22 - 4/16/22||7/9/22 - 8/27/22|
BASIC JR. NBA BASKETBALL INFORMATION
- No risk registration; if the program is canceled
- Co-ed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
- Ages 5-12.5, see age range/grade scale (5 year olds must be enrolled in Kindergarten)
- This is first and foremost an instructional league, the main focus of practice, drills, and games will be on skill development
- Children will be split into three divisions—Grades K-1 | 2-3 | 4-6
- All games are played with Jr. NBA rules, guidelines, and standards. See the rule book for a complete listing of all of the rules
- All participants, coaches, parents, and guardians will be held to the OCYs code of conduct
Practice times and details are branch-specific. Information will be distributed at a later date.
- Practice Attire: T-shirt, shorts or sweats (no jeans) and sneakers
- Days of practices will be weekday evenings depending on team. Additional practice times may be added depending on size of league.
- Practices are 45 minutes and focus on skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship. They’re led by a volunteer coach and/or a YMCA staff member.
Games will be played on the hour with a variable schedule, younger teams usually play earlier games
- Game Schedule: TBD. The final schedule will be released before the first week of practices. The amount of games will be dependent upon enrollment. Games approximately 40min
- Game Locations: Games location will differ by branch and will be communicated before the start of the season.
- Game Attire: Team-Jersey* (see below,) shorts/sweats (no jeans) & sneakers
Uniforms will be available for purchase through our OCY uniform store—You’ll receive an email with instructions