Youth Sport Leagues & Teams
Our sport programs offer a fun and unique aspect to youth development. The leagues will offer a mix of fun, instruction, skills and drills that have been proven successful. These co-ed leagues will require parental volunteers in helping run drills and games.
Youth JR. NBA Basketball League (Ages 5-12.5)
This co-ed league runs for 15 weeks during multiple seasons. We use Jr. NBA Youth Basketball guidelines for our rules. We focus on developing skills and physical fitness with practical learning in a game setting.
|Season||Winter League ('19)||Spring League ('20)||Summer League ('20)|
|Program Dates||11/9/2019 - 2/8/2020||2/8/20 - 4/4/20||7/11/20 - 8/29/20|
BASIC JR. NBA BASKETBALL INFORMATION
- Co-ed, all abilities and skill levels welcome
- Ages 5-12.5, see age range/grade scale (5 year olds must be enrolled in Kindergarten)
- This is first and foremost an instructional league, the main focus of practice, drills, and games will be on skill development
- Children will be split into three divisions—Grades K-1 | 2-3 | 4-6
- All games are played on Saturdays and are played with Jr. NBA rules, guidelines, and standards. See the rule book for a complete listing of all of the rules
- All participants, coaches, parents, and guardians will be held to the OCYs code of conduct
All practices will be held for approximately 45 minutes during the week at branch-specific locations.
- Practice Attire: T-shirt, shorts or sweats (no jeans) and sneakers
- Days of practices will be weekday evenings depending on team. Additional practice times may be added depending on size of league.
- Practices are 45 minutes and focus on skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship. They’re led by a volunteer coach and/or a YMCA staff member.
Games will be played Saturdays on the hour with a variable schedule, younger teams usually play earlier games
- Game Schedule: Games will run between 9:00am-1:00pm on Saturdays. The final schedule will be released before the first week of practices. The amount of games will be dependent upon enrollment. Games approximately 40min
- Game Locations: Games location will differ by branch and will be communicated before the start of the season.
- Game Attire: Team-Jersey* (see below,) shorts/sweats (no jeans) & sneakers
Uniforms will be available for purchase through our OCY uniform store—You’ll receive an email with instructions