Mental Health Clinic Services
Old Colony YMCA's fully-licensed Mental Health Clinic was developed specifically as a resource for children, youth, and families within the network of OCY services. Our mission is to augment other YMCA programs to promote positive mental health and well-being. As a wrap-around program, we are a fully licensed and provide the range of mental health services at 891 Montello Street, Brockton, including therapy, psychiatric and pharmaceutical evaluation, groups, diagnostic, and referral services. We also seek to promote education and understanding of mental health issues.
While our services are those of a traditional mental health clinic we would assert that our approach is most unique. We are driven to develop means and strategies to effectively engage and connect to populations that may be at risk and that may not be willing to engage in mental health treatment.
We, therefore ensure:
- Friendly, simple, and timely referral process:
- We receive referrals only from other OCY programs and service and are able to make contact within 48 hours.
- On-site, accessible services in a non-stigmatizing environment:
- Our mental health services are provided in an atmosphere that promotes over-all health and well-being.
- Greater continuity and coordination in service provision:
- We work to ensure that the mental health treatment is coordinated with other services that the family is receiving.
- Focus on risk populations with specialized treatment approaches:
- We focus our services on three groups that require specialized services including families experiencing homelessness, youth served in the juvenile justice system and children and youth who have experienced trauma.
Language capacity includes: English, French, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali
SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
The goal of the Old Colony YMCA Substance Abuse Program is to reduce the detrimental effects that addiction to tobacco, alcohol, and drugs have on individuals, families, and the community. To that end, our staff provides supportive counseling services to assist people as they effectively confront their addictions. Our staff of clinicians includes licensed drug and alcohol counselors, licensed mental health counselors, social workers, a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, and psychiatrists who are experienced in working with individuals who are dealing with both substance use issues and mental health issues.
Old Colony Y Mental Health Clinic
Brockton, MA 02301
*Monday until 7:30 pm
*Wednesday until 6 pm
Saturday by appointment