This program builds strong kids, strong families, and strong communities by providing high quality, flexible, and comprehensive intervention and therapeutic services designed to improve the treatment outcomes for adolescents and their families.
The STARR Program will focus on:
- Providing interventions aimed at helping adolescents develop assets
- Identifying barriers to stabilization and reunification and building plans of action that address these barriers
- Supporting family connections and building stronger and healthier family relationships
- Helping to establish a stable educational experience through extensive work with the school
- Promoting connections to New Bedford, focusing on permanence, connections, and stability for adolescents and their families
- Using strengths-based behavior management and engaging parents and schools in the strategies that are successful for adolescents