KidZone program is a great opportunity for learning, development, and socialization through crafts, and so much more. This outlines the guidelines for a safe, happy, healthy and fun time for all.
Take time for you while your kids enjoy daily dates!
- Monthly theme projects
- Take home activities and family chats
- Branch information for families
- Opportunity to participate in developing future (FLY Kids)
Ages & Time Recommendations
The Y’s drop-in KidZone is not a licensed child care center. Consequently, state guidelines restrict your child’s usage of KidZone to no more than 75 minutes total per day. We recommend you limit your child’s KidZone visit to these age-appropriate lengths.
- Potty Trained & Up
With the help of department staff, FLY Kids will learn, grow and thrive by partaking in meaningful volunteer work that benefits Y members and programs all while fostering youth development in our young volunteers. By focusing on the 4 Core Values, FLY Kidz will begin to identify habits that create a confident and committed leader and understand the tools necessary to achieve these habits.
Working Together to Keep Children Safe
Old Colony YMCA has zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior involving children, and we take multiple steps to prevent child sexual abuse within our organization, including: criminal background checks, check of sex offender registry, check into employee’s prior employments and references.
All children must have a parent/guardian (18+) signed enrollment form on file at each YMCA KidZone that they utilize. For your child’s safety, a parent/guardian is required to sign their child in and out of KidZone. The parent/guardian who signs the child in must also sign the child out, unless prior arrangements have been made with KidZone staff. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check kids in and out of KidZone.
Y Pledge and Personal Safety Checklist
Review this list to make sure your child is ready for KidZone.
- My child will wear a mask and follow other c19 guidelines
- My child is wearing shoes, socks, and is dressed for play, crafts, etc
- My child is in a clean diaper or has used the restroom
- My child is well fed/nursed
- All personal items are labeled with my child’s name
- I have stored all toys from home to keep them safe and ready for me when I leave
- I have reviewed the Y pledge with my child and they are ready and excited to role model the Y’s four core values!
- Above all...I pledge to have fun!