All Old Colony Y branches have suspended in-branch operations effective March 17th. To view your membership options please click on "We're in this Together" below. Thank you for staying with us.
- Schedule of LIVE or prerecorded Programs - See our schedule
- Family Zumba
- Ninja Training
- Sports Conditioning
- Get Up and Get Dancing
Story time with Jen
Crafts with Greg
At-Home Education, Schooling, Etc:
- Museums - Virtually visit some of the top museums
- Minecraft - Hour of Code (Ages 7+): https://education.minecraft.net/lessons/minecraft-hour-of-code/
- Mystery Science (Grades K-5): https://mysteryscience.com/
- Phonics - http://www.starfall.com
- Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom: Learn more
- Learn and play games focused on Animals: https://switchzoo.com/
- Learn about geography & Animals: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- Reading (available in English & Spanish): https://reading.ecb.org/
- Hang out with Dr. Seuss: http://www.seussville.com
- Math & Reading Skills: http://www.abcya.com
- Fun Brain: http://www.funbrain.com
- Free Literacy Program (Actors read to children): https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Zoom Video is being made free for K-12 schools/students: Get Zoom
- Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Easy Indoor Activities for Kids: Start now!
- Reading Time/Family Reading
- Movie Marathon
- Board Games
- Comic Book
- Treasure Hunt
- Paper Airplane Contest
- Video Chat Family Members
- Build a Blanket/Cardboard Fort
- Journal - Free write, daily log, or write about your feelings
- Indoor Camping - Setup the tent or make one with blankets
- Go through Clothes: What do you want to keep and what should be donated
Explore the relationship between play and youth development: https://www.maziply.com/blogs/blog/development-play-stages-of-play-and-why-it-matters
Helping Children Cope And Factors Affecting A Child’s Emotional Response:
- CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/childrenindisasters/helping-children-cope.html
- National Association of School Psychologists - https://www.nasponline.org/
Self Care Tips:
- Avoid excessive exposure to media coverage of COVID-19.
- Try to recognize catastrophic thinking and remind yourself that overwhelming feelings will fade.
- Maintain a sense of hope and positive thinking.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise, get plenty of sleep
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and drugs.
- Utilize healthy coping skills- (ie) aromatherapy, bath, music, journaling, cooking.
- Try to maintain some sense of normal- try to keep up with activities you enjoy and feel normal, adapting given current circumstances.
- Connect with others. Share your concerns and how you are feeling with a friend or family member. Maintain healthy relationships.