Help Us Make A Difference
Across Southeastern Massachusetts, thousands of business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in our community we have the presence and partnerships to both promise and deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Old Colony Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Serve on our Board of Directors, Board of Governors, committees and task forces.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Join the Ambassador Club
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help individuals who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a charity like no other! Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Our volunteers must fill out an application which includes a CORI, participate in an interview process, and agree to attend any necessary training(s). We want to make sure your volunteer experience is a great one! If you would like to volunteer, contact the Old Colony YMCA location of interest to you or call 508-897-1227.